Queensland China Council
Marketplace Communications delivered an operational audit and marketing strategy for the Queensland China Council (QCC) on behalf of Trade Queensland and the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
The brief involved providing advice on implementing a range of communication initiatives to improve the recognition and effectiveness of the QCC amongst Trade Queensland’s client base and across all Government stakeholders. It also requested advice on how the QCC could work with new stakeholders to improve the quality of outcomes for the Queensland Government.
The QCC had an extensive and sensitive set of stakeholders that took an active interest in this brief. This included members of the Queensland and Chinese Government, local Chinese Community, Trade Queensland clients and in-market staff in China and Taiwan.
Following the delivery of our audit report Trade Queensland accepted all recommendations and engaged Marketplace Communications on a secondary brief to implement a marketing strategy. The planning process involved:
- Developing a communication plan for the Council aimed at raising its profile
- Identifying what the Council and the Government needed to do to reposition the Council as a peak organisation
- Identifying the Council’s key strategic alliances in Queensland and outlining what the Council needed to do to develop and maintain these alliances;
- Identifying similar organisations to the Council and preparing a SWOT; and
- Reviewing the Council’s existing website (
www.qccouncil.qld.gov.au, site moved to
http://export.qld.gov.au/qld-exports-china.html#qcc) and preparing an information architecture plan which was designed in line with the redeveloped Council website and existing Council databases to reflect the Council’s greater profile and updated role.
The QCC accepted all of our recommendations following the finalisation of the strategy.