Coral Cove Project
Marketplace Communications was engaged by Austcorp Group Limited to undertake community consultation for the Coral Cove residential development located in Bundaberg.
Austcorp Group Limited has submitted two Development Applications for the Coral Cove project which currently sit before the Bundaberg Regional Council. The first application, which was up for public notification in June 2008, includes two aspects – the enhancement and improvement of the Coral Cove foreshore and the construction of a residential development. The second application is for an upgrade of the Coral Cove Resort.
The overall purpose of the consultation program was to inform the local community about the proposed development plan, determine the views of Council members, key stakeholders and community members and to use the output from the consultation to assist Austcorp in the delivery of the development plan, should Council approval be granted.
Services provided by Marketplace Communications for this project included:
- A range of Community Consultation activities were undertaken by MPC, including:
- Briefing sessions with Bundaberg Regional Council members and key stakeholders,
- A direct mail campaign to all local residents and land owners, independent market research,
- A Community Information Day,
- The provision of FAQ’s and feedback forms to Information Day guests
- Media statements being issued to local media.
Marketplace Communications notes that the response from this program represents some of the most positive results ever received for a Community Consultation program undertaken by Marketplace Communications for a Development Application in Queensland.
At the time of the consultation report submission, Austcorp executed our recommendations, clarified and considered all feedback, and (where appropriate) would revisit plans to respond to any key queries or concerns raised by the community.