how client audits can help your business
This is a not a survey, it is an outside-in view of your business. Client audits give you an understanding of what your target market’s needs are. We want to know who they are, what they think and how they behave in regard to issues that affect your marketing.
We interview a cross section of clients (including lost clients if possible) and, where possible, some prospective clients. We preferably interview them face to face, but where that is not practical, via telephone. We intend to learn:
1. What do clients/customers like and dislike about your products and/or services?
2. Where would they normally go to find out information about your type of product and/or service?
3. What, in their mind, makes you or your service important to others, what makes you unique?
4. How would they explain what it is you do to a friend or colleague (it’s very important to get this in their words as it gives us an indication of how you are currently positioned in the minds of your target audience).
5. What are they looking for the future from a product or service such as yours?
1. A better understanding of what the market needs are, direct from the market itself… this gives us the ability to develop a strategy, which speaks directly to the target market, in the way they want to be spoken to.
2. A clear identification of the gaps in the market and opportunities for growth.
3. An idea of the explicit terms, words, concepts and issues that will play a part in developing the key messages, positioning and selling tools.